Explore Home Schooling In Guam.
The Guam Home School Association is a homeschooling support group led by conservative Christians, with a diverse group of members from other faiths. We are not a school, nor an accrediting/regulatory agency. We are simply a group of moms and dads who seek to encourage one another as we each home school our children.
To provide the support and guidance necessary to effectively home school in accordance with Guam’s public law and within the guidelines of our Statement of Faith, Statement of Purpose and Code of Conduct.
Special events, programs, and classes are made possible through the efforts of volunteer members. These events provide the opportunity for educational excellence, character development and socialization skills that bring about a well-balanced, wholesome and enjoyable homeschooling experience.
Photo Credits: All the beautiful photos used on this website are credited to unsplash.com contributors. Thank you very much!
Why Join GHSA?
Our members enjoy:
- Periodic homeschooling support meetings, including Getting Started advice
- Field trips and academic talks
- Co-op classes
- College prep advice
- Participation in Guam’s Department of Education academic competitions
- Group discount to the Home School Legal Defense Association
- Curriculum reviews and opportunity to buy and sell used curriculum
- Access to the GHSA Facebook and Band groups
- Opportunity to promote home businesses conducive to education and the home
- Member ID cards
GHSA was first formed in the late 1980’s, with monthly meetings first taking place in various homes. The first Curriculum Fair was held at Ypao Beach, with other events held at a few Christian churches on island. Throughout the years, GHSA has grown to an average of over 60 families. A good representation of the military community, federal hires and other homeschooling groups can be found in our group.
P.O. Box 7313
Tamuning, GU 96913